Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
(Dr Vodder Technique, Therapy1)
What is MLD?
is an advanced therapy in which a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic
pumping techniques are used to move the skin in the direction of the lymph
stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances that are vital for the
defence of the body and removes waste products.
This is a technique that "speaks" directly to the Lymphatic System and Nervous system, so it is detoxifying and an excellent treatment for those who are highly stressed out! It is also a very effective treatment to have if you suffer from recurrent infections and need to boost your Lymphatic system.
What are the benefits?
- It is deeply relaxing, decongestive & pain relieving
- promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments & sprains
- can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis,
scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- Reduces cellulite & improves skin tone.
- may strengthen the Lymphatic system as part of a "detox" treatment.
- MLD has a tonic effect on intestinal peristalsis, which in turn will aid digestion.
- relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and
swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of
- minimises or reduces stretch marks.
- can be used to speed up healing after cosmetic surgery.
MLD can be used to treat a variety of conditions:
- Recovery from Glandular Fever
- Headaches & Migraines
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- IBS, MS, ME
- Hayfever & Asthma
- Muscular & joint pain
- Pre- and Post-Operatively
I am a member of MLD UK. See their website for more information.